Maha Shivaratri Puja is an exclusive way to worship Lord Shiva. In 2017 it will be celebrated on 24th February. Get a simple puja vidhi on Maha Shivaratri puja at your home.
1. On Shivratri day gets up early, take holy bath and wear clean New Clothes.
Holy bath on Shivaratri day purifies our body and soul. So, try to take bath in Ganga or nearby river.
2. Take vow or Pratigya to observe full day fast and to break it on the next day or in the night when mahadeep reached to the top of the temple.
3. Now perform Maha Shivaratri Puja. Worship Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati on this special maha Shivaratri puja.
4. The main ritual of Shiva puja is performing Abhishek of Shiva Lingam.
5. It can be performed by using milk, sandalwood paste, yogurt, honey, ghee, sugar, and water.
6. You must perform this simple puja at home or in nearest shiv temple to please Lord Shiva.
7. Offer Dhatura, Gangasuili flower, Bilva leaves, sandalwood paste and vibhuti to Shiv lingam.
8. You can also offer Ber or jujube fruit coconut, Banana, Sweets, betel leaves, incense sticks.
9. Light lamp and Dhupa. Keep chanting Om Namah Shivaya mantra.
10. Finally, perform Shiva Aarti and read 108 names of Shiva.
11. Visit a nearby Shiva temple and seek blessings.
12. Maha Shivaratri Puja should be done during the night also.
13. Stay awake at night in the temple and spent the time chanting Shiva prayers.
14. Next day morning break your fast after taking bath.